Friday, March 18, 2022

Social Media Check-In

I started my Instagram adventure with my film a little while ago, but I've done quite a bit since I've started trek into the influencer-dominated world of colorful photos. I'm glad to say that it's been going well so far. It's been interesting using this social media site in a more professional manner, and hopefully I'm getting the hang of it. I understand the dynamics of trying to reach a certain target audience a little more, and using some of the functions of Instagram to do so. I'll talk about my posts first, and show you what I have so far and the reasoning behind it. I. might also share some thoughts on what I'll post next, since I do have somewhat of a plan. It's really bare-bones, so maybe I can flesh it out in this post. 

Here's what I have so far in terms of posts:






As you can probably tell, I like my behind-the-scenes stuff. It's always been what interested me the most whenever I look at an account of any film or show. I think it's really cool to see it how a film was made, or even what goes into making a film. Costume and makeup design is a part of that, and it's something that I think my target audience will enjoy. 

My first post had to be the poster, I was just finished with it and I decided it would be a great first introduction to the movie. It really shows off the genre, tone, and symbolism of my film well, so it was a perfect way to launch my Instagram page. My next post was the behind-the-scenes of my poster shoot, and a good way for my target audience to interact more with my brand. I want to be more open with them since this is an independent film and I want there to be a closer bond. Same thing goes for the small clip of  me applying the character makeup to my lead actress. It's also a great way for my target audience to sympathize with the lead actress and hopefully bond more with the character to show her as more of a protagonist (before the trailer reveals some incriminating evidence to the contrary). I also showed a small clip that I'm going to use in one trailer, and maybe even the teaser. This is by all purposes a teaser post that reveals the villain of my film - Sigma. There's also a lot of symbolism behind this, plus it's a cool looking shot. Those typically attract any moviegoer, and this more suspenseful clip will hopefully work well on the psychological thriller crowd. 

I also want to share one of my accomplishments so far in terms of networking on the platform. I was really excited when I saw this on my list of followers (I hit 12 for my small independent film!):


It's a small film production company out in Los Angeles that specializes in horror and thriller films. It's awesome to have an actual film company following your school project, and I consider that a social media win (I'm pretty sure the reason that they followed my account is because of my following of thriller/horror film festivals and movies). Here's their Instagram page:


Again, I'm really having fun managing my film's social media account. I'm going to try to stick to 6 posts per week, they might be consecutive or there might be a gap day (I know there's at least one day where I'll be too busy to post anything). If anything, I might up it to a post every single day during the beginning of April. I like my progress so far, and I hope I can continue at this pace.

My next few posts will probably be a mix of stills and character introduction shots. I want to introduce more of the premise, and maybe throw in a few teaser clips. I'll make a post the day before I release my teaser that will hint at my teaser release. I might do the same thing for my first trailer. And after that, I might make a post that will say something along the lines of my film getting accepted by a made-up film festival. Then, I'll really go with the behind-the-scenes posts and really try to engage my target audience in that way. One thing that I have to make sure my brand follows is the dark humor and the sarcasm that I've already implemented in my posts. I might make a few posts that specifically show off that dark humor, and ask my target audience to give my their best fake corpse shots or their most convincing fake blood recipe. This wraps up this week's posts, and hopefully I'll have more clips to show y'all after my next shoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...