Saturday, April 2, 2022

Editing the Second Trailer

To start, I am extremely tired, so if some of this sounds like complete gibberish, I'm really sorry. Weird way to start, I know, I've just gotta dive into this while it's still fresh in my mind (plus I'm busy later). My first trailer is pretty much set, save for a few things that might need to be corrected, or they might not (that's what happens when you over-scrutinize your work). For my second trailer, I wanted to pick up the pace. Rather than it having that peaceful introduction and trying to confuse the audience as to what genre it may be, this trailer will fully dive into that suspense. The beginning will still be off-putting because of the sequence in the house coinciding with the more mysterious music, but it includes some more traditional elements of thriller. I'll also be trying to stylize it a little more, I wasn't able to do it this round of editing.

And just like the first trailer, this round of editing was dedicated to just putting everything together and correcting some shots. This is some of the stuff that I've worked on so far:



As you can see, I've gotten far along. The second photo, the one right above this text, is actually a shot that I'm really proud of. Just filming it made me uncomfortable, so I'm hoping this one will really please my target audience. I've also started adding effects to the clips to make the transitions smoother or just stylizing them a bit. I still have to do a lot more in terms of stylizing, and I haven't added the text cards yet. I might just completely rewrite them anyways, but I've marked off potential places they should go. There is still one clip that I'd like to fix (make sharper) and it's this one:


And like last time, I still need to do a lot of audio editing. I don't have any stings yet, nor do I have the main music/score to go along with the trailer. I was originally thinking of splitting the trailer into two distinct sections according to the main music like my first trailer, but I might just try to keep it more cohesive and have less noticeable auditory transitions. I'll try to incorporate even more stings in this one, especially towards the end where it gets more intense. I also have to level the clip audio, especially the dialogue. I'll try to pick the main trailer song first so I can fix that accordingly. 

In other news, I'll get that teaser ready soon. I originally planned on just cutting down my first trailer into sections, but I might just do an even more chaotic teaser, to really get that thriller element. I still have to mull it over some, and I'm trying to find even more inspirations. Wish me luck on my search.

Sorry if this is a little short, like I said, I'm drained of all energy and I still have more stuff to do. Catch you next blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...