Thursday, March 24, 2022

Filming Session No. 2!!!

This was a little ways back, but I've been busy as of recently, so I'm a little behind schedule in terms of blog postings. I just thought it was important to include this because it was a very productive filming session. Plus, I have a lot to talk about, so let's just get into it. I want to keep these next few posts short and sweet, because this is supposed to be my break time. I just like writing these.

My main goal was to get most of my "tranquil shots" finished. Those are the happy sequences in the first half of my first trailer, where the happy couple first come into town and see their brand new house. I also managed to capture some other shots around the seemingly perfect town. I'm going to edit those more to seem even more saturated and bright. Again, I really need the sitcom-y and jubilant tone to shine through so I can heavily contrast it with the latter half of the trailer. Again, this trailer will be my introduction to the film before the second trailer really hits with the psychological thrills. And speaking of the second trailer, I also wanted to film bits of it during this shoot, though, unfortunately, I couldn't due to some timing issues (it got too dark too quickly).

 Here's the quick overview of how this filming sesh went:

-Due to some timing conflicts, we had to film a little later than we originally planned - this meant that we had to hurry a bit in order to get the shots with the quality of lighting that we wanted

-We quickly filmed the sequence of the couple driving into town (I'll show you a few clips from that a little later in this post)

-We quickly had to film the sequence of the couple in the driveway while the lighting was how we wanted it (we had to work with the dialogue a bit so it didn't sound as stiff - capturing that '50s sitcom dialogue is more difficult than it seems)

-I wanted to film the sequence from the second trailer of Val and Steve inside the house, but it got a little too dark, so a reshoot might be needed (I'll talk more about that a little later on)

-The last thing we did was film the sequence of Val returning home and finding Steve has turned into a demon (the dark lighting was perfect for this one and this was the most fun sequence to film)

Here's the cute couple riding around town:



Lighting is vital for my piece, so I'm really going to lean into it and emphasize it whenever I can. I also want to show off my own style as a psychological thriller director, so lighting is a perfect way for me to do this. Again, I might saturate these a little more just to get that really happy feel. The cheerful music will also help with the tone.

This is just a nice shot that I want to show off. Again, that lighting. Props to Ryan Lutwin and Cathy for the acting as well:



So, here's some problem shots that I had. Again, it got too dark for some shots. I tried to edit them a little, see if I could turn up the brightness. This is what I came away with, so I'll have to ponder it for a little bit and see if I salvaged them enough:




I mean, I still like them. The shot above is especially cute. And I still like the lighting, it's still joyful. My only problem with the first shot of them entering through the doorway is that Ryan has his hat on, and that might throw off the continuity. But, I guess it is the second trailer, so it might not even be noticeable. Ugh, hats. And continuity. 

Next post I'm talking about my Instagram page, again, but I've added a lot more so hopefully you'll enjoy it. And big news for Ukraine, we're starting to gain ground around Kyiv. Glory to Ukraine!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...