Monday, March 22, 2021

Some More Thoughts On My Filming Experience

This post is going to expand upon some thoughts of prior blog posts, especially the challenges I faced filming, and just really add more depth to what I was discussing about my experience previously. I rushed my thoughts a little on my previous blog posts in regards to my experiences, and I want to kind of add to add more to my experience. And maybe some pictures of myself filming (which is definitely not the reason I chose this topic for my blog post). 



Like I said before, one of my biggest worries about filming separate parts of the opener on different days is the discrepancies in the setting (mostly the sky). Florida can be pretty indecisive when it comes to the weather, so I was really worried that too much clouds would make the footage that I would take unusable. And there was a noticeable difference. The clouds, as seen you can see right below here.


There's not that same bright blue hue in the sky, and that's mostly because of the clouds and how darker it was. But, I'm glad that I have a couple of shots to choose from, just in case when I film the last part of the opener, the sky can look either cloudy or sunny. I did make adjustments to the saturation of the sky a little, but there was not that bright, fully-saturated blue that I got from my previous shoot. I'll try to edit the shots a little more, adjusting the saturation, but I doubt it'll have much effect. It's a little disappointing, I really like the shots that I got, especially when it comes to the composition and the contrasts, especially between the beach and the water. 

But, I did have a fun time filming. This is the first time I really got to test just how much my microphone could pick up and how well it works, and I really like how it's able to pick up some of the softer sounds that are closer and differentiate between those father away (mostly the crashing of the waves), and the softer voices. My main concern was (and in many ways still is) how much dialogue the mic can pick up (and if it's clear). The wind can still be a factor, but there was few times where the wind was a factor in the sound at all. The mic even picked up the gurgling of the waves, so I got to have some foley sound. I'd rather get the authentic gurgling than have to record myself slurping on a drink (or have to somehow replicate that noise myself). And there were times where I got distracted and started filming from random angles. That wasn't as much of a time waster than my trying to film birds. I'm pretty sure I got some weird looks from people because I was spending half my time chasing after a random seagull and then having to retake shots of the little sandpipers because I wanted to get them doing their weird waddle. But, I think I got weird looks anyway because I was just filming water up close, so I'm not really concerned about that. I actually had a little bit of fun with it, because I really didn't look like I was prepared to go to the beach. And again, you can see the difference in lighting and how cloudy the sky is. I didn't edit this photo at all so you can see what a big difference editing makes and just how much I needed to do to get it as close as possible to my other footage. But I still had a good experience, and mapped out exactly how I want to film the rest of the shots. And I think I did get some footage that I can use to tie in with my previous footage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...