Saturday, March 20, 2021

More Shots and Sound Design

I'll start off with some new shots that I got from my most recent trip to my location. There was some change in the setting. Today was cloudier, but it was also less crowded. It being less crowded was a positive, while the clouds were more of a hindrance (there was still enough sunlight where the difference isn't that noticeable, especially with some editing).




I added the extra saturation to these shots, using warmer blues and yellows. I wanted to get the shots next to the water, especially with seabirds. These have more movement and are generally more captivating. The same goes for this next shot:



I could choose either shot to add to the final product. Again, I just wanted to get as much as possible so I have more to choose from. I also wanted to get some shots under different setting conditions; these shots show a more cloudy sky, which might be the case when my partner and I film the actual storyline for the opener with my two characters. I had some more fun this time around, just looking for potential shots in a setting that has plenty. I also used this opportunity to test my mic and see which spots are the best for picking up dialogue. I also used it to pick up some background sound as well. Which is how I'm going to lead into my next topic: sound design.

Like I mentioned before, I was able to get a couple of recordings of the waves and the background noises of the beach on the sand (further away from the water). But, I have also used SoundBible (https://soundbible.com) to find some good diegetic sounds for the opening. Since I'm most likely recording the conversation between the characters live, I might not need to include as much diegetic sound from the website, but it's still a good tool to have. There's even more websites that offer up free sound recordings, but I've already found some typical beach sounds on the SoundBible website (including sound of waves, seabirds, etc.). Of course, for the music I'll be using Chosic (still an awesome website). I might even add a smooth piano during the intro shots, just to further that peaceful tone (it would stop once Dallin's feet hit the waves). It just depends on how many sounds I want to layer onto the beginning. I might not even need to add the smooth notes from the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...