Thursday, March 18, 2021

Filming My Intro Shots (Part 2)

 As I promised last blog post, I will show some more of my intro shots and discuss my overall experience filming. And again, these intro shots are more to establish the setting (and a little bit of the tone) than anything else. I also wanted to immediately showcase my artistic vision, which is another way to say that these shots show my filming ability from the get-go and might decide my fate as a filmmaker. So yeah, I would say these shots are moderately important. In any case, before I go off on any tangent, here's some of the shots:


This shot also has really saturated blues, with the greens toned and muted into a more beige color. I would say this features a pretty good color contrast and has a lot of warmth that I think viewers will pick up on. I would also like to add that some of these shots I purposefully made longer than what I'll include in the final opening. I'll definitely trim some down for time purposes. 



I figured the lifeguard "hut" would make for a pretty good shot. There is also some more contrast, with the light sand and the shadows. Some more symbolism? Maybe. I just think it works for a nice shot.



I also wanted to add some shots of the buildings close to the beach. Some of them do look old (or at least older) and adds a more rustic and somewhat warm feel too. 



This is another one that I thought would show some older buildings along the boardwalk that shows more of the background and adds some depth to the setting. I also like the movement in the shot that makes it more intriguing to look at.


I do have other shots that turned out looking pretty good, but those will most likely be cut because of the time constraint. Even some of these might be cut just because I want to move along with the introduction and establishing my actual main characters. Even though I could add a lot more, I want my opening to be dependent upon the characters and their relationship because it's what drives the story. Even then, I can still add some more pretty background shots with inserts and eyeliner matches.

Now, I wanted to talk about the actual filming experience. When I arrived at my location (which took some time, as it's farther out), it was a little more crowded than I was expecting. I had to rework some shots so they wouldn't have too many people in frame (which also took some time). I did, however, feel that the (distant) people in the frame add that authenticity and add more movement to the shots. It was a little bit of a challenge (to add to the challenge portion of the last post), but it ended up suiting some of my shots. I didn't end up staying long, as I've mentioned before, but I did get more of a feel for the setting and planned out a little more of my shots. I know the general area of where I want to film and the place I want my characters to sit down (might have found the specific sand dune). Next blog post, I might discuss some of the foley sounds I'm including and the sites I'm using to get diegetic sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...