Wednesday, March 24, 2021

One Other Problem

While this blog will mostly focus on its namesake (the problem that I'm referring to), there are a few things that I'm going to talk about that will also be included later on. These are just a few things that don't necessarily make up their own blog posts, so I'm cramming them in here. Now, before I go too much into the other stuff, my problem:


How packed the beach is going to be is definitely going to be a factor into how good my footage will be. This photo is not taken at the beach that I'm going to for my setting. My beach is typically a lot more quiet and is not going to be anywhere near as packed as the one at the right. This was more of an embellishment, but I still don't want any potential problem when I'm filming. I've tracked out how I want the entire sequence to go already, so I know exactly whereI'm filming all my shots and even what character says what line at a place. I just really don't want any people to wander close in the frame, even if it's just for a moment. Farther off, I'm fine with some people wandering into the shot just because it won't look deserted then. But, n't want a lot of random background noise that would interrupt the dialogue or the background noise that I do want to get (the chattering of seagulls or the crashing of the waves). That type of diegetic sound is perfect and will only serve to make the setting more realistic. I guess, in a sense, some random noises from people will also make it realistic, but it would still distract too much from my film opening. Or it would make the humorous tone more evident. Or it would just look like a mistake. I'd rather not find out.

I've already had to adjust with some shots because of some passersby, but too many would just mean more work and time spent on shots on my end. To solve this issue, I figure I'll just have to go at a certain time when there's not as many people. I still want to go when it's generally more bright out, so I can try to keep the footage as close as possible, but I do need to think about what times people tend to go at and how I can have the best filming situation for myself. Because, again, I can't control my setting and I'll just have to work with what I've got. But, if I can find a way to film at a better time, I won't have to change the setting. With it being that time of year when people want a little vacation at the beach, I'll have to have to work little bit more to find that perfect time to film the final part of my opener.

Update on My Music:

I have not heard back from either Sony Music or Columbia Records as to whether or not I can use The Clash song that I wanted ("Train in Vain"). So, I'll just use the song that I found on Chosic. It sound like an '80s punk rock song, and it will still give my opening the same burst of energy and will make a good song to transition to the next scene in the film. Would I prefer The Clash song? Yes, but this one (called "Cherry Metal") is a fine replacement. It's meant to be more of a background song, and it works well that way. It's also a good song to introduce my title card to, especially with the font that I'm choosing. Well, that's a good a segue as I can make into my next topic, which is, as you can guess:

Title Card Font (and maybe the credits too)




I ended up choosing the SignPainter font for my film. While it might look a little more like a horror film now (might be because of white lettering on that pitch black background behind it), I'm planning on blending it onto my footage of the waves and the ball. I might also got for a warmer blue color, too, as long as it doesn't mesh too much with the water behind it. The font just has more of that hand-drawn look and not as synthetic as some other fonts that look more "digital" in a sense. The slight gradient will also make it appear to be moving with the waves, especially with the right blue for my title. I might also make the credits match the font, but I won't give them a gradient.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...