Saturday, March 26, 2022

My Thoughts on the Near Future

 These are going to be my final thoughts for the week. This will be my shortest blog post by far because I have some other things I need to sort out and catch up on. This will be a good way for me to just collect my scattered thoughts a bit and really see what I need to work on next. 

Shot Thoughts:

So, to start, I want to clarify that I am almost done with filming! I have a lot of the things I need already, and the only things left are really the horror montage shots, which should be the most fun to film. The mirror shots are most likely going to give me the most trouble, but I can work with it and I should have more time to mess around since I don't need any specific lighting other than dark. I might also just mess around with the mirror angles before then just to see what works. Also, I have to figure out which mirror to use. That's going to be interesting, because I have a few options. I originally wanted to do it in a bathroom mirror, but that might be more challenging on account of my reflection with the camera being more visible. Again, I'll just have to mess around with angles and mirrors until I see what works best. 

Another shot that I still want to get is that of Val at the Memory Graveyard. I have a plan for what I want the setting to be (not an actual graveyard). I'm planning more around this area:



It's this bike path that runs along the Everglades, and there's a few spots where people park and fish along the side. There might be some risk to doing this (it's gator season), but I also know that it could make for a really great shot. And it would work well for a Memory Graveyard, juxtaposing the natural (and unnatural) with the comfortable and the urban. It also means that I'll have to drag my Halloween skeleton there, and that might get me some suspicious looks, but it could also serve me well. Who knows?

There's a bonus shot that I've been wanting to get for a while but I neither really need it nor is it really feasible. I talked about it some time ago in a blog post - it's the one where Val is getting stared at by random strangers (really demons). I think it would be really cool, but would require me to film complete strangers who would have to cooperate with me. So, yeah, not that feasible. I'll see if I can talk some friends into it, but this is a busy time of the year, and I still have to figure out a good setting for it. 

Social Media Thoughts:

I really have no clue what I want to post on my account in the coming days. I've thought of maybe having a post that says I've entered into a fake thriller film fest, but I still have to work that out a bit. I might also have a post where I introduce this guerrilla marketing tactic of setting up a sort of "treasure hunt", where I leave a clue on my social media telling of where the next clue is located, so on and so forth. This would ultimately lead to the locations where I was shooting. It could also be a good way to introduce my audience to more of the plot, without revealing too much. 

I'm also planning on making the teaser soon. The only problem is that I don't really know what I want to include in it. I have a lot filmed already, I just haven't figured out my teaser yet, I've been more focused on the trailers. I'll do some more research and watch other thriller teasers. I might just do small thriller montage, or just focus in on Val herself and her transformation. I'll get back to you when I've figured it out. Until then, this is it for the week. I have a lot of stuff to do and little time to do it, so peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...