Wednesday, February 23, 2022

More Storyboarding (Because 2 Trailers!!!)

So, I did manage to finish up the storyboard for the second trailer. I didn't just want it to be a rehash of the first, but I will use some of the shots from the original trailer, just because movies often do. Before I show the trailer, I want to give myself a round of applause for actually getting something done during a holiday:


This was my actual face after I was done storyboarding. Then I took a power nap. In any case, here's all that hard work that I've been lauding myself for (once again, excuse the poor doodling skills):








This trailer is going to have a lot less of that peaceful and tranquil beginning. I want to almost jump in with that suspense, maybe not right from the get-go, but right when the couple are moving in to their new home. Having more eerie music pick up, along with the dialogue, could make the pacing of this trailer even faster. I might also use the record player shot as the transition into the actual thriller part of the trailer, I just haven't added it to the storyboard yet. Actually, never mind. It doesn't relate to this trailer as much because there has already been a creepiness kick from the score. And the shot of the couple dancing in front of the record player doesn't fit in as well, and I really don't need it. 

For the audio, I plan to include a lot more dialogue to progress through the trailer as well. This will probably make editing more of a pain, but whatever. It doesn't have to be seamless, especially considering my skill and experience level. I'm also planning on this trailer being darker, so I'll try to figure out good lighting techniques (I also want to figure out a lighting motif, whether it's neon or rustic lighting, or anything). I might add in more brightly lit shots, I might not. I'm also planning on revealing more about Val, and her past crimes (the reason she is in the town and trapped by demons in the first place). There will also be more Sigma (head honcho demon, if you couldn't remember). Which means I have to figure out a character design for him/her (depends on the casting). I still want that same level of shot variety, and there will be more shaky camera movement. 

This also has a slightly different trailer format. Rather than just having it be the blackout fade edits to transition between shots, I thought that I could use some text. I wanted to only have it in the beginning half of the trailer, just because I know the pace would be slowed by it, and it seems more like something to build tension rather than included in the climax. I wouldn't want to break up the creepy shot montage with some corny text. I don't want it to be corny, but there is a large grey area and the line into cheesy could be crossed. I know that it's a convention of thriller trailers, and Last Night in Soho manages it well with the editing, but it could be too much of a risk. I still have to think about this, and I know this won't get resolved until the post-production process when I can actually see the tangible product and decide whether to omit it. Again, this is not something that I have to decide now. I still have to play with the text I'm using anyway, because I am far from confident with what I have now. Eh, I'm fine. I'm liking my progress so far, and now that I have my storyboarding done, my main focus is who I'm going to cast. I'll let y'all know what I come up with, and I should have more stuff to share soon.



For those that can't read it:
-What would you give...
-To live in paradise?
Break for a few sequences
-Just don't let the past
-catch up to you


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...