Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Some Challenges and Some Revision to the Rough Draft

 This post will be a little more hectic and all-over-the-place. I just have a lot of ideas to get through as a part of the organizing process. And I really want to clear up some of the issues before I make a final storyboard. So, here we go. 

First thing's first, the setting is going to present some challenges. And by some, I mean quite a few. It is really great for filming and getting great shots, but the sound quality will not be great. Beaches are notorious for being more windy, and if it is too windy, the sound will most likely be, uhh, not great. I have a potential fix, as I do want to get the dialogue and I am still really attached to the beach setting. I mean, this would make for a nice shot:

 


I'm not saying that I would film in the evening (the wind would probably too strong by that point), but the hues of blue are exactly what I am looking for. It feels almost ethereal and a setting that would be almost nostalgic for someone. I need the setting to mean a lot to the characters, so I am still very much attached to my current setting. So, now for my fixes. I will need to scrounge up some microphones so that the dialogue of the characters will not be scrambled. I will also need to go on a less windy day. On my last visit, the wind was not strong and was more of a nice breeze. I will definitely hope to get the same conditions the day of my shoot. If the conditions aren't right, I'll be ok, as long as the sound isn't too distorted. I plan on doing the beach sounds in post production to really capture the sounds fully, so all I really need is good audio for the characters.

Another problem is capturing the running shots. I still want to include some. I will definitely try to limit it, using more of the still shots of the two characters and capture more of their conversation. I will add more inserts of the background around them to try to limit the two-shots so the opening isn't too static.

And again, the dialogue will most be a challenge. I have some ideas as of right now, as the characters are based on some of the people I know in my life, so I do have that advantage. 

The challenges with the other version of my draft are mostly the same, with the added challenging of filming from the car. I would like to get the shots of the setting, but I do have to choose how its going to look. I could do it as more of from the point of view of Maya (the sister) as she looks through the car window. I could also do it with a window rolled down (with the car moving slowly, I don't want to drop the camera), but this might be more difficult to get. Again, the second version is just another option for me if something isn't working, but I do want to work out some of the wrinkles now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...