Sunday, March 6, 2022

Finally in the Actual Production Process!!!

 So, I'm excited to say that I finally started my production!!!! And not just storyboarding, scriptwriting, etc. (I love that stuff and I know it's important, but actually making a production just hits different). I want to dedicate this blog post to just talking about starting that process, and just scrutinize over every meticulous detail... I'm kidding. Maybe. Since I've often been told that my best writing is story writing, I'll share a little tale for all of you. Am I in a weird mental state? Maybe. But I'm excited, so let's keep this train of thought on the right track, why don't we?

So, I finally got my actors/actresses up to speed on the entire project. I also have a schedule for filming and figured out a good plan for when I can meet up with them and shoot some actual trailer footage. Which is something else I'll get to in this post: I didn't actually shoot anything useable for the trailer. This was mostly blocking, getting feedback from the stars of my film, and just planning when I want to film certain sequences and which of my actors that I need for those sequences. I did record some of my ideas for shots for one sequence from the first trailer, so I'll share that with you in this post a little later. 


My shooting schedule will look somewhat like this:

Next Weekend: Film with all; film most sequences for first trailer (start shooting the bright and cheerful sequence first when the couple is first arriving and driving around the town); shoot the house sequence for the second trailer (the first sequence and maybe the scene of Val finding out that Steve has already been "turned"

 - Note: a specific date has not been set yet. I'm still waiting on confirmation whether the best date to shoot is Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I would say that either Friday or Saturday would work best for me. However, I have to be flexible.

Week Before Spring Break: I'll definitely be filming less during the actual week, but I want to see whether I can film the sequences at TC when Val runs into the actual townspeople more in their demon state; I also want to film the shots of Val at the park (either Markham or the one nearby) with Sigma - these shots could be for either the first or second trailer, I would rather just film both for continuity's sake; I also want to see if I can get a shot of the "robotic townspeople", but that is going to involve some more extra and potentially me asking complete strangers in a plaza if they could creepily walk towards my friend who's the lead actress for this school project thing I'm doing. Yeah, that might be a bad idea. But, I really want that shot, so I'll gladly embarrass myself for it. I feel like this was too longwinded. Moving on!

Spring Break: Shoot everything else that I need. This is going to be the point where I'll annoy the kind people who agreed to act in my trailer into blocking my number from their phones just because of how much I'm asking them the same damn question of when they would be available to film. This week is going to be really important in regards to the project, so I'm planning on being really productive. I'm planning on it. Planning stuff usually manifests that stuff in real life, right? Knock on wood. I'll also be doing most of my social media posts during this period, and planning when I'll post that content. I might post a good amount before that point, but this is just if I fall behind.


I decided this was getting to be a little long and I still have so much stuff to share. So, I'll leave the description of my process for the next blog and share those videos in the next one as well. I've gotta say, one of them is pretty funny, so I'd be looking forward to that if I were you. Or not, completely respect your decision. Anyways, I want to share some of the photos that I took from the poster photoshoot here. And yes, that was my biggest goal for today. I accomplished that, so I'm feeling good. I have my photo that I'm going to use picked out already, and you can try to guess which one it is:








I used the smaller mirror first. I thought that it would be good for highlighting just my lead's face, and would be easier to capture the entirety of it without also getting my own reflection. It took a little bit of positioning for me to get it just right, but I did find success with it. The last picture (the one right above this text) is the one that I'm going to use for the poster. I like the one above it (maybe not that hue of blue for the mirror, but mostly just about the makeup). I'll get into my actual idea later (because I am going to work on the poster this week!), but for right now all you need to know is that the half-makeup is purposeful. I'm going to do the cracked mirror effect splitting the face in two, so that's why only one part has the demon makeup. I'll also go into the process of applying that makeup and what I used in the next blog (I also have a video). 

I also used the larger mirror, but I just don't like it as much. I couldn't get it from a good angle without revealing my own reflection, and it just looks a little more distant. I want that psychological thriller genre to be in-your-face, so I want my poster to be more intimate in its insanity. I also think that the close-up of the face (without any of the body) is also just a better shot. It's easier to do that split mirror human/demon effect. 

In any case, before I leave off, I just want to share how excited I am to make that poster. It might actually be the part that I'm looking forward to the most. I just really want to make a creepy and cool poster, so I'm trying to get a head start. Plus, I just don't think I can wait. So you might see some stuff this week. Like an actual rough draft. I just want to remind that next blog post is a continuation of my discussion here about what I did my first day of actual production, so please be prepared to watch some cool stuffs. Hope you have a good day (or tomorrow is a good day for you). See you next blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...