Thursday, March 4, 2021

Shooting Schedule and Mise-en-scene Prep

 This blogpost is going to be more disorganized in comparison to my other ones. It's more of me trying to get myself organized for the upcoming filming I'm doing for the opening. And I've decided to do my shooting schedule here:

03/07 - filming more of background shots (introductory, some wide shots of ocean); mostly going to use this day to lock in my shot choices (see what works in the area and what doesn't) and final setting prep 


03/13 or 03/14 - actual shooting day; will film majority of shots; could be either day. or both depending on the weather


03/20 - could be used as a re-shoot day for any shots that need it 


Now that I've gotten the shooting schedule out of the way, I'm moving on to the mine-en-scene preparation. I really want to focus on costumes and props as of right now. I'll start off with costumes.

Of course I'm starting off with the orange shirt. It's an eye-catching color that means I won't need to have to make the background a lower depth of field on the two-shots. I still most likely will, as a lot of dramedies play with the depth of field during two-shots so the characters are more in focus. I'm also toying with the idea that she also has a camouflage jacket. It's another reference to The Clash and their album Combat Rock and will make the character seem even more eccentric. The jacket that I have is more beaten-down and worn, which will be helpful in presenting the characters as more of the working class. I do not want them to have any expensive clothing or items. Again, really need to sell to the audience that they are of the working class. This means the costumes might be more beaten down or worn (especially if it's more workout clothing). I might have some other accessories that add to the characters (like a cool necklace).

         
 
Just showing again how the two colors can really mix well and are really vivid. They are more calming, especially the hues shown in the bottom picture. I still have to decide which shade of blue I'll use for Dallin's costume, but I'm thinking more of the brighter (but still relatively calm) blues. Later in the movie his clothing and the color scheme would become more of a dull grey as the pair's relationship soured and Dallin begins losing himself (but I'm not going to be able to do it for the film opening).



I'm also planning on having the close-up of the small basketball floating on the ocean be the final shot of the film opening. I might change it though to be the second to last shot, as I could also add an insert of a much wider shot of it floating along, to represent huge possibility and intimidating vastness. 








This does not really have to do with mise-en-scene, but I thought I'd squeeze it in here. I made a slight change to ending (with one of The Clash's songs playing) that really impacted the entire project. I will have to get the rights to play the song at the end from Columbia Records or its parent company Sony Music Entertainment. This will be slightly challenging, but I do want to be able to play the song (without breaking any copyright rules) during the end sequence. Hopefully either of the two record companies will grant me permission.
                                                                               




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...