Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Putting Together All of My Shots and Post-Filming Reflection

 I'm happy to say that I have all the shots that I need for my film opening. Maybe a little too much - I got a little carried away, but it's fine. It won't help my partner during the editing process, as he has the fun and joyous task of cutting certain shots that go a little over time, or included things that I don't need in the project. And as expected, we have to cut out a lot of the introductory shots that we took. What we choose to include will be a really tough decision. They'll also be trimmed down a little bit. Again, time is a huge factor, and I have my two characters that I have to really focus on. 

I also really had fun bringing my characters to life. My dialogue did include some dry humor that I believe worked well out loud (I'm pretty proud of it, but it was kind of necessary as the genre of my film is the dramedy). The acting is, well, not professional to say the least, but I do think that my partner and I did pretty well for our acting abilities. And as expected, there was some trouble with wind during certain shots. But, my microphone did really help in getting the dialogue as well as the surrounding noise from the beach (the dialogue is still really clear and crisp). The wind would pick up at times, but overall, my mic limited its effect on the sound quality and I could stress less about getting my other shots (filming the shots with lots of dialogue was what I was most worried about). 



Because of all my shot planning (and my shot list with the dialogue matched up with the shot), the actual positioning and execution was much easier. I knew what I wanted to do and what I wanted each shot to be. I also really wanted it to be cohesive, with the transition out of the intro shots into the actual story with the close-up of the waves and then my partner's foot running through them. I might have to cut out some of my inserts, and I wasn't able to film one two-shot (don't think I really need it in any case). But overall, I got all of my shots and just need to put them all together. I have everything prepped for the post-production sounds that need to get put in, and I have my song ready to go (as well as the font of the title and credits). 

This is more to show the conditions and the space that we worked with. The beach was a little busier than I would have thought, but we chose a relatively more secluded area. This was taken a little later, when there was more wind, and this was without the mic. The wind would definitely have distorted the audio, so I'm glad I went the time that I did and filmed with my mic. I'll show another shot that I filmed (not an introductory shot):




I have already edited the saturation and color scheme of all the shots, I just haven't edited out the seconds I don't need. Just wanted to show the entire process for filming our shots, and this is a little sneak peak at my full and total project. This is one of the two-shots that I included. It serves to be more of a transition out of the beach setting and showcases the setting well. 

I've made some changes to what shots are included in the dialogue sequence, but they were more fillers and meant to showcase my setting. While it would've been nice to include them, they don't add much and take too much time. Same thing goes for the intro shots. Just want to focus on my characters for the opening.
 
I've also changed my mind on where I want the credits. I'm thinking of including them in the transition shots away from the beach and right before the title card, such as the one above. I feel like I have the space to include them, and not have to cram them all on one shot. And with the right color for the text, it will still be noticeable but not drawing any attention away from my subjects.

I'll have the finished product very soon. But, before that, I'll show my Creative Critical Reflection, which I've also been working hard on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...