Saturday, February 26, 2022

Для майбутнього

There's something I want to address before I go into the topic of my blog post. I'm debating right now whether to even go into what I had planned. While I do enjoy writing these blogs and I've enjoyed working on my project (I'm excited to start filming next week), there's something far more important and astronomical that has happened over the course of this week. The Russian invasion of my birth country has impacted my family heavily. It was one of the worst days of my life so far, and the most emotionally confusing by far. I cannot stress enough how terrified I am about the situation, and also just how strong my patriotic zeal has gotten. I just want to praise all the brave people fighting for freedom at the moment, including my family. They're not planning on evacuating, and some are even fighting in one of the most heavily shelled cities at the moment: Kharkiv. I just want to show my full support behind this cause, and make people aware of just how bad this situation is. And just how proud I am of the way my country is standing up for itself. My old school there had a motto: "No quit". Period. And just a little film tie-in here, Sean Penn is there at the moment filming a documentary. Hopefully that will capture what's really happening there, and just how resilient the people really are. I could never have imagined this happening to the land of wheat and sunflowers, but it has. And if I'm a little... off... in the coming days, this is why. I still haven't fully processed this, but I'll try my best to move forward. 


In any case, 

Cлава Yкраїні!

"Glory to Ukraine"


Here's some cool photos of monuments lit in the colors of the Ukrainian flag:






I'm deciding that I will get into some of my final project stuff in this blog. I'm just going to ease into it, and just put more in my next post. 

So, here's my character costume design ideas for Sigma:


My main inspiration is the costume design behind this Netflix show's namesake: Lucifer. I really want Sigma to have that dapper look, to a point where it's a little ominous. I also want to show the power that Sigma has in the town, and wearing a suit or fancier dress shirt seems like a good way to get that across. I want the suit or dress-shirt to be black or dark blue, just so Sigma seems as though he is enveloped in a constant shadow. It would also work well when I want to use editing techniques to make Sigma appear behind Val seemingly out of thin air. I do want to add a little bit of color, so maybe a red accessory, just to promote his demon status and have some accent whenever he appears in flashing lighting. It would also be symbolic of him being a walking red flag. 


This is close to what I want for makeup design. Just to have some shadows around the eyes, maybe use some eyeliner to put in line dark veins around the eyes as well. I won't have the bloody lips, but I might try to make Sigma look more pale and unnatural. The makeup design could be even more simplistic than this, just depends on how threatening Sigma looks in the costume alone.

And yes, you did hear me right: I'm planning on starting to film next week. I might even try to get some shots soon, just blocking and working out camera angles and potential inserts at my chosen locations. I also have to work out the lighting a bit, so next week could be more of a tinkering period than the actual final shots that will go into my trailers. I'm also planning on working on my poster next week, once I take a good image of my lead and work out some mirror shots.

One last thing before I go:






Translation results

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Products (!!!!)

 After all the hard work that I've put in to my project, I'm pleased to present to you the following components: TRAILERS: - Pleasan...